This my friends, is a holy grail beauty product. And I do not say that lightly.
I have had bad skin since my very early teens - enlarged pores, oiliness, blemishes, acne, dry patches, the lot. As you can imagine in this nearly 17 year period I have tried so so so SO many products to try and correct all this and nothing has ever done the trick, nothing even remotely affordable anyway. Merumaya have genuinely changed my life.
My first experience of their products was last Summer when I was given a tube of their Melting Cleansing Balm that I wrote about in this post and is still my favourite ever cleanser. It is glorious in its own right, but followed up with the new Retinol Resurfacing Treatment (£33.50*) this really is game changing skincare.
I've been using this beautiful cream every evening for two months now and the change is incredible. My blemishes and acne are practically gone with only a few patches popping up when my hormones kick in once a month. My skin is much smoother and plumper looking and a lot less red and best of all the texture and appearance of my pores is massively improved, especially over the tops of my cheeks where they were most prominent and have now shrunk away.
The cream is rich and luxurious but not too heavy so it feels great on your skin and it smells divine. I wear this as my night cream after cleansing and each morning I wake to see more improvements. I have to admit I was a bit nervous before about using a retinol product as my only other experience with this vitamin caused uncomfortable inflammation and sensitivity to my face. My fears were put to bed however when I read more into the formula and other ingredients and how Merumaya have developed a retinol treatment that is safe to use every day.
I won't go too much into it but basically to combat the harsher side to retinol (Vitamin A) the cream also includes :
- Aroleat Samphira which assists and allows it do its work without causing irritation as well as evening out the skin tone and regulating the amount of oil your skin produces
- a peptide blend called Matrixyl 3000 which improves lines and aids skin repair
- Mediacalm taken from a plant root which is incredibly calming to even freshly shaved skin
- two molecular weights of Hyaluronic Acid which helps your skin retain moisture and create more beta defensins which prevent spots
- Squalane which is a component of the skin's lipid barrier and so supports and reinforces it's natural moisture retaining properties
I am not exaggerating when I say that this product has increased my confidence levels massively. I've always been very aware of my large pores and blemishes so now that I have found an effective routine that combats them I feel so much happier, not to mention being able to wear lighter coverage foundation.
I just can't wait to try out their cleansing brush and luxury facial wash that I ordered today, I'll surely be sharing my views on those soon too!
To keep up to date with my future posts and other adventures just follow me on