I've said it many times before but pink is my colour for Spring and Summer. I'm lucky in that pretty much any shade of pink suits my fair skin and my bleach blonde hair is so pale I don't have to worry about colours going well with it. A lot of these lipsticks are budget friendly costing less than £5 as lipsticks are usually something I buy on a whim, although the Illamasqua lipstick I purchased after reading lots of great reviews.
1) Seventeen Lip Crayon in Knockout - £4.99 - A twist up lip crayon with a great texture and amazing colour pay off that has the impact and shine of a thick gloss but the lightweight texture of a lipstick. It has a great sparkle to it too and it lasts all day.
2) Illamasqua Matte Lipstick in Immodest - £18.50 - The first of two matte lipsticks and the palest of my picks, with a nearly neon look when layered. Some find this lipstick hard to wear as it can highlight imperfections in your lips but a thin layer of balm underneath will sort that right out. Wear a thin application for a sheer stain like colour or layer up for a bolder look.
3) Seventeen Lasting Fix Lipstick in Dusky Rose - £4.29 - This baby has a lovely pearly finish and is the peachiest shade of the bunch but in certain lights has a bluish sheen. This is great for a real English rose look and is easy to wear with lots of other colours.
4) Avon Ultra Colour Rich Rubies in Fuchsia Fame - £3.99 - This was a limited edition but can still be found on eBay. I wish I had purchased a few as I wear this an awful lot. It's not amazingly long lasting but gives your lips a great shine with some added sparkle. The blue toned pink also helps to make your lips look a little whiter which is also a bonus!
5) Seventeen Stay Pout Lipstick in Delinquent - £4.49 - A great bright, hot pink with real staying power. It's a rich and creamy formula glides on easily and dries slightly to a near matte finish - because of this I find it can be a little drying to your lips but that's nothing a little lip balm can't solve.
6) MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Criminal - £3.00 - Offensively bright pink and I love it! A liquid lipstick that dries to a matte finish, these can take a little while to get used to as you need to be very neat and precise with your application but the does foot applicator helps make this a little easier. If I'm working a vintage fair, going to an event or going out shopping for the day lip lacquers are what I reach for as the colour does not budge and you don't have to worry about re-application.
Do let me know if you try any of these, I'd love to know what you think!
Like Audrey Hepburn said, "I believe in pink"
To keep up to date with my future posts and other adventures just follow me on